Sweet Apple Pie
Posted on October 06 2020
Sweet Apple Pie
My Husband and i planted an apple tree in our backyard when we moved into this house and it produces the sweetest little apples! My Husband as I've mentioned before is a wonderful cook and he really did something special with this apple pie. So if your looking for some inspiration for thanksgiving look no further!
½ cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup butter unsalted
Pinch of salt
Teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup water
Tbs corn starch
2 pie crusts
¼ tsp cinnamon
4 apples cored and sliced
1 egg white
Extra sugar for the end
- In a small pot, heat up the ¼ cup butter, ½ cup white sugar, ½ cup brown sugar, pinch of salt, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and corn starch. Bring to a boil on Medium heat and turn off heat and let it sit. This is the magical caramel syrup for the pie.
- Place one of the pie crust shells in the pie pan, and place in the apples. Use any apples you want. One of the best pies I have ever made is with crab apples. I slice thin wedges and build the pie two wedges high.
- Cut the second pie crust and slice in 1” line segments. Build your top crust. You can google how to do this. Basically lay 5 strands spaced on the pie, fold back every other slice, and place another slice of crust perpendicular on the leading edge. Then put the strips that you folded back to normal and fold back the other strips and continue.
- Once the top crust is formed, slowly pour in the syrup all over the top evenly.
- Egg wash the top crust, and sprinkle sugar on the top.
- Preheat oven to 425 F, and back for 15 minutes with tinfoil over the top.
- Remove the tinfoil and back at 350 F for 32 minutes.
- Remove the pie and let sit for 30 minutes to cool before eating. Bon Appétit