Pancakes and the Notebook
Posted on November 03 2020
Dinner and A Movie
How do you like your pancakes??
I love mine with a mimosa and the notebook at 10 o'clock. I love theming out when I do dinner and a movie, Pancakes is it when Allie goes to to see Noah and his dad offers her breakfast?
Frank : Say, how would you like some breakfast? Would you like some breakfast?
Young Allie : Breakfast?
Frank : Yeah!
Young Noah : Dad, it's ten o'clock.
Frank : Well, what's that got to do with it, you can have pancakes any damn time of night you want! Come on in, you want some breakfast?
Young Allie : Sure!
I mean how can you no love Frank! He's so sweet and kind! While Allie's mom only seems to care about appearances and status! Yet here Frank sells his house to help his son fulfill his dream without giving it second thought! It is very clear his relationship with his son is far more important than any earthly treasures!
Frank: you ought to be able to get it now. Noah:- Get what? F:- Your dream house. N:- The Windsor Plantation. - Dad... Frank: Now, don't Dad me, I don't want to hear about it. I already talked to the bank, they're gonna give you the loan. Noah: - Well, I can't let you sell your house. Frank - It's done.
It's a good thing. You should do it. Wait a second. You sell the house, Noah: where are you gonna live?
Frank With you, dummy, what do you think? Somebody's got to help you fix it up!
Fluffy Pancakes Recipe
1 cup Milk
1 tbsp white vinegar
1 cup flour
2 Tbsp white sugar
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp almond extract
- You need 2 large bowls. In the first bowl add the milk and the vinegar and stir. After 10 minutes it should sour the milk.
- Add the egg and beat in. Add the vanilla extract and almond extract.
- In the other bowl add the dry ingredients. Flour, white sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Melt the butter and add it to the wet ingredients.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix with a whisk. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and whisk. If you like to have a thinner mixture just add a few Tbsp of water to thin it out at a time until you get the desired mixture.
- On medium heat use ¼ cup to make each pancake. If you want a larger pancake use 1/3 cup. Once it bubbles on top usually after 1 minute flip. Then cook until cooked all the way through. Each pancake should take 2-3 minutes depending on how hot the burner is.
Top with your favourite toppings such as whip cream, syrup, sugar, jam and fruit.